Frame Your Prints
How exciting! You’ve chosen which pieces you want to frame on your walls, and now you’re ready to take the next step. We know committing to such an act of permanence can be nerve-wracking, but with this step-by-step guide, you’ll have beautiful walls in no time!
Before you begin:
- If you haven’t chosen your frame yet, don’t let your decorating scheme influence your choices too much. While it is important that each picture be framed in a way that complements the art, if it is well framed, it will work in any setting.
- Be open-minded when considering different styles – a contemporary piece can look equally striking in an antique gilt frame, as would a more traditional work in a minimalistic, modern frame.
- If you haven’t found the perfect frame yet, feel free to take a look at our photo frames. We stock over 25 different styles, with 60 different sizes available.
Step 1: Preparations
Fitting your picture and attaching your hanging fixings should take about 3 minutes.
- Check the box and make sure you’ve got everything you expected and require
- Depending on the type of frame you have, you might need tape, and a flat-head screwdriver
- Make sure your hands are clean and dry before handling your picture
- Clear a flat working area
- Lay your picture face down on the worktop
Step 2. Disassembling your frame
- Place your frame face down
- Using a knife or flat-head screwdriver, gently lift the flexipoints up
- Carefully pull out the boards, while leaving the glazing within, as it can be fiddly to return to the frame. Keep the backing to the side for now
Step 3: Framing your picture with a mount
Ordered a mount? You’ll need to secure your picture to the back of the mount with tape.
- Stick tape along the top edge of your picture, so half the height of the tape is exposed
- Turn your picture back over and carefully position your mount over the picture
- Make sure the picture is positioned correctly, ensuring it’s straight, and press firmly down to attach it in place
- Turn your mount and picture face down again and smooth the tape down for a strong bond
Step 4: Prepare the glazing
Whether you have an acrylic frame or glass, it’s always a good idea to clean the glazing to ensure there’s no pesky particles obscuring the final presentation. Wipe the glass while it’s still within the frame with a dust cloth.
Step 5: Assembling it all together
Once you are satisfied that the glazing is completely clear
- Place your picture (and mount) inside the frame
- If you have a barrier board, place this inside the frame
- Place your MDF backing board back inside the frame
- Push the flexipoints back down to secure the framed image in place
- Hang the photo frame!
After reinserting all the pieces, you can turn the frame around to make sure you’re happy with how everything is sitting – we hope you are!
Browse our full collection of photo frames or find the art print of your dreams. Happy decorating!!